Thursday, March 11, 2010

Everything but the kitchen sink quesadillas


So Chris told me I need to write like I talk in this blog. So I guess he is telling me to ramble on and on! I am going to try to follow his advice(which I am known to do sometimes!) So the other night I was trying to decide what to make for Chris and I for dinner. The kids were at their dad's that night. I went to allrecipes.com, my go to recipe site for dinner ideas. I found a quesadilla recipe that sounded like a good starting point for some experimentation. It was interesting because it had hot sausage in it and bbq sauce. I wasn't too sure about that combo, but decided with a few changes I could make something yummy. So here is my take on the quesadilla.

1/2 lb hot sausage
1/2 lb ground beef or turkey( I used ground beef)
2 or 3 mushrooms chopped
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 green onions chopped
1 chipotle pepper chopped and a little of the sauce too, you could add more of this to make it even spicier
1 poblano pepper roasted, peeled and diced
1 small can pineapple pieces( to balance the heat)
flour tortillas
shredded cheese of your choice


Brown the sausage and ground beef. Drain off the fat. Add remaining ingredients except for pineapple. Take one tortilla and place some meat on half of it, cheese and some pineapple pieces. Fold the tortilla over the filling. Put a little olive oil in the skillet and cook on both sides until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is lightly crisp and browned. I served this with sour cream. So good! You could definitely play with this recipe and add or subtract ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. hi shawna! i just noticed your blog through fb! looking forward to your recipes! :o)

    ReplyDelete